Course topics include:
- How to restore and create wildlife habitat on your property by providing food, water, shelter and places to raise young.
- The importance of native plants to our local ecosystem, plant selection and sources
- How to design for people (including children) and wildlife
- Sustainable gardening practices that are good for the earth, people and wildlife
- The process of Wildlife Habitat Certification through the National Wildlife Federation and Audubon.
- Additional resources and information tailored to each homeowners’ landscape.
Lastly, the Invasive Species blog (which we follow) just recently posted a disturbing message for those of us in PA who have Ash trees on our properties!
Pictures from: http://www.hort.uconn.edu/plants/index.html